If you don't think this is the greatest blog ever, I will fight you.

Wednesday, April 06, 2005

"The crows seemed to be calling his name," thought Caw.

This Blog is about birds. Something happened just now that was pretty hilarious to me. I was sitting here by my computer at home, which is in our kitchen/dining room area and has a big window beside it, in case you didnt already know. I heard this thumping and turned around and looked but there was nothing. It happened a couple times and I assumed it was some fallen christmas lights or something. It happened again but this time I noticed a little bird standing on the edge of the window and then fly up and try and fly inside. It was pretty amusing. I kinda crept up expecting it to fly away, but instead it just tried even more violently to hammer through the window. It was funny but everntually as I tried to take picture of it, it took off. Here are some Jack Handy quotes about birds.
- Just because swans mate for life, I don't think its that big a deal. First of all, if you're a swan, you're probably not going to find a swan that looks much better than the one you've got, so why not mate for life?
- How come the dove get's to be the peace symbol? How about pillows? It has more feathers than the dove, and it doesn't have that dangerous beak.
- If your friend is already dead, and being eaten by vultures, I think it's okay to feed some bits of your friend to one of the vultures, to teach him to do some tricks. But only if you're serious about adopting the vulture.
-
I'd like to see a nature film where an eagle swoops down and pulls a fish out of a lake, and then maybe he's flying along, low to the ground, and the fish pulls a worm out of the ground. Now that's a documentary.
-
We like to praise birds for flying. But how much of it is actually flying, and how much of it is just sort of coasting from that last flap?
-Is there anything more beautiful than a beautiful, beautiful flamingo, flying across in front of a beautiful sunset? And he's carrying a beautiful rose in his beak, and also he's carrying a very beautiful painting with his feet. And also, you're drunk.
-
It seemed to me that, somehow, the blue jay was trying to communicate with me. I would see him fly into the house across the way, pick up the telephone, and dial. My phone would ring, and it would be him, but it was just this squawking and cheeping. "What? What?" I would yell back, but he never did speak English.
-
If I could be a bird, I think I'd be a penguin, because then I could walk around on two feet with a lot of other guys like me.

P.S. Leave a comment about what kind of bird YOU would like be and why. Haha like a kindergarten assignment. Those were the days. I also found this hilarious poem on the internet called
Bird Cage

4 Comments:

  • - How come the dove get's to be the peace symbol? How about pillows? It has more feathers than the dove, and it doesn't have that dangerous beak.



    I Like this quote, its HALARIOUS! what kind of bird? hmm... a blue footed boobie! because they actually have blue feet! and come on, who woulden't like THAT name!?!

    By Blogger JAME, at 10:27 a.m.  

  • I would like to a buttwink...cuz then when i fly it will look like im winking out of my butt...aha, do you remember that? Its from balderdash...many years ago...in case you forgot.

    By Blogger Jenna, at 2:02 p.m.  

  • Well rylan, first off i like birds, but in a distance, i have been pooped on too many times, and they are really annoying if you want to sleep in in the morning, but other than that ya they are cute and nice to look at.
    What kind of bird, well i think i would like to be a seagull, i mean it would be a lot of fun just to piss off the people at the beach, but i would also like to be a woodpecker, they are annoying but really quite amazing creatures

    By Blogger normanvanashley, at 9:22 p.m.  

  • haha yah i remember the buttwink, there was something about the twinkling if i remember correctly. And who wouldve ever guessed Ashley would want to be a garbage scavenger? ahaha.. there are so many jokes i wont even bother..

    By Blogger Rylan Schultz, at 2:19 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home